The Carousel of Happiness is seeking a Community Outreach Manager to lead the planning, execution and evaluation of fundraising and event efforts; build strategic relationships within the community; conduct a variety of marketing and outreach activities; and work collaboratively with the Board’s Fundraising Committee.
About the Carousel
The Carousel of Happiness is a nonprofit arts organization located in Nederland, Colorado. Its mission is to inspire happiness and service to others through stories and experiences. Established in 2007 by former U.S. Marine and self-taught carver Scott Harrison, the Carousel offers low-cost rides aboard a restored 1910 Looff carousel with a menagerie of 56 whimsical new animals hand-carved by Harrison. Since its opening in 2010, the Carousel has attracted hundreds of thousands of riders, including families, senior citizens, school groups and people with disabilities. The Carousel is the top-rated attraction in Nederland on Trip Advisor, and offers a children’s puppet theatre/play area and a story booth where visitors can record their own stories in a professionally designed sound booth. (www.carouselofhappiness.org)
Community Outreach Manager
The Carousel of Happiness is seeking an enthusiastic and efficient Community Outreach Manager to lead the planning, execution and evaluation of fundraising and event efforts; build strategic relationships within the community; conduct a variety of marketing and outreach activities; and work collaboratively with the Board’s Fundraising Committee.
To apply, pleaseemail a resume, cover letter, and three professional references that we may contact to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be open until filled.
• Creates and executes a diversified annual fundraising plan that is in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
• Develops and directs a donor cultivation and stewardship program.
• Establishes and manages an annual giving campaign, membership program, and other fundraising activities.
• Supports and grows special events and partnership opportunities.
• Manages a donor database and acknowledgement system.
• Maintains accurate records and provides regular reports on goals in the fundraising plan.
II. Marketing and Community Outreach
• Creates an annual marketing and outreach plan.
• Plans and executes marketing and advertising placements, including a dynamic social media presence, blog posts, and other print and electronic advertising.
• Schedules outreach presentations in the community and communicates with staff for consistency in messaging.
• Assists in the coordination of special events including donor, partner and volunteer appreciation activities.
• Develops outreach materials, newsletters and other mailings, electronic or otherwise.
• Supports and grows group visitation by special needs and educational organizations.
• Maintains relationships with collaborative partners and cultivates new ones.
III. Other Possible Duties
• Coordinates vacation coverage with Operations Manager, including some cross-training to achieve full coverage of responsibilities.
• Supports the organization with grant research and writing if needed.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree with preferred 3-5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High level of attention to detail and organization skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Outgoing and engaging personality with confidence to interact face to face with the public and with individual and corporate donors
• Experience preparing reports for funding sources
• Knowledge and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite, social media and CRM platforms
• Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports on development and outreach activities, to track and assess progress, and address program deficiencies as they occur.
• Experience with WordPress websites
• Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing systems
Position Type and Reporting
This is a part-time, hourly position that is mostly remote with some in-house work duties. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The position works fairly independently and reports to the President of the Board of Directors. No supervisory duties are involved.
Pay Range: $17-$21/hour depending on experience